About the project
Located in the Dugda District in the Apostolic Vicariate of Meki, the Centre offers vocational skill training courses to help empower young women to create their own livelihoods, earn income, and manage their own resources. This project seeks to increase the sustainability of the KMPC and further enable young women to improve their own quality of life, creating job opportunities and increasing the community’s overall wellbeing.
Your support can help:
- Empower women to claim and secure their right to employment and self-employment.
- Establish and maintain an organic communal vegetable garden.
- Equip students with hospitality skills. The internal cooking services will also create an income generating activity for the future sustainability of the centre.
- Offer work experience for students at the Gojo Café which also functions as a source of income generation for the centre.
- Offer tailoring services to the public to encourage students to apply their new skills. The centre will provide school uniforms for rural schools at a reasonable price, meaning further practice and skills accumulation for tailoring students.