Inter-school partnership-Malek Fahd Islamic School and St Patrick’s Marist College
Inter-school partnership-Australian Islamic College of Sydney and Gilroy Catholic College
The Interfaith Encounters program provides a practical component to the study of religion.
Bringing senior students from diverse backgrounds together, the program provides the platform for students and staff to develop new friendships, celebrate difference, deepen faith, promote peace and social cohesion.
Interfaith Encounters provides students with knowledge, skills and experience in identity, dignity, and diversity.
Each inter-school program is preceded by partnership meetings with staff from each school and a focus group held with students to co-develop the specific program.
- Deepen their understanding of identity
- Grow in awareness of difference and appreciation for embracing diversity
- Appreciate the influences of bias and stereotypes
- Identify the building blocks of harmony
- Experience visiting sacred places
- Dialogue genuinely and openly with others
- Commit to concrete actions of harmony as a result of the program.
Interfaith Encounters programs are customised to the needs of schools and the student groups. Programs can be tailored to include virtual sessions and combined virtual and face to face options. Catholic Mission will arrange partnership meetings & tailor the program in consultation with schools.
Funding for the Interfaith Encounters inter-school program has been provided by the NSW Government through Multicultural NSW under its COMPACT program. The program is led by Catholic Mission and delivered in partnership with schools and both faith based and secular community organisations.